It’s Friday!! That means it is cocktail day…hooray. 🙂
Here’s a drink idea for you to try tonight…
I LOVE a classic margarita made with tequila, triple sec and fresh lime juice. Sooo good, but I always have to limit myself to one because these babies can knock you down pretty quickly if you aren’t careful, so watch yo’ self.This recipe is pretty darn easy, and I love that I get to use my fun fox cocktail shaker. It just somehow makes it taste better (PS. it’s Threshold for Target, but it’s no longer available…boo).
- – Ice
- – 1 1/2 ounces silver 100 percent agave tequila
- – 1 ounce triple sec orange liqueur (Luxardo Triplum, Cointreau, Combier are very good)
- – 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- – 1 lime slice for varnish if you are being fancy
- – Cocktail shaker (if you don’t have a shaker, you can mix and serve on the rocks)
In a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice cubes already added, pour three parts tequila, two parts triple sec, and one part fresh lime juice, shake it up for about 30 seconds, pour in a chilled glass, garnish with a lime if you wish, and ENJOY.
I hope everyone has a great weekend planned! I will be headed out of town with some of my good friends for a little R and R. We will the the group of tired moms enjoying the extra sleep, pool time, cocktails…..and more cocktails. So excited! Whoohoo.
What do you have on tap for your weekend? Whatever it is, I hope it’s fantastic.