Looking for a simple, creative and inexpensive way to spruce up your decor for your next gathering?
I suggest looking to your pantry and recycling bin for inspiration.
Instead of tossing used tin cans, set them aside for your next craft project.
Here are 5 fun ideas:
1. How beautiful is this table scape? All you need are 10-20 tin cans in various sizes, some spray paint of your favorite 3 colors, flowers and some fabric for a runner. I love the use of gold, copper and cream with the cream flowers and can’t wait to create this look for myself. Just lovely.
2. Who doesn’t love a pop of color? This simple spray painted can makes a great flower vase and perfectly coordinates with the bright fuschia flowers. It’s a super easy way to add some interest to your decor or table.
3. Who says flowers have to be arranged on a flat surface? Add some major interest to your next event with these pretty hanging floral can vases. Simply spray paint your cans in your favorites shades (if you wish) and purchase inexpensive pieces of chain link and spray paint them in the same colors. Punch a hole in the can large enough for the chain to fit through. Drape the chains from a secure area and connect the 2 ends together. You can use zip ties to connect the two ends if you wish. Fill with your favorite flowers and a little bit of water and you are all set.
4. Want to add some warmth to your next outdoor gathering or event? Make your own lantern candle holders and do just that. You will need a hammer and a nail and a simple pattern. See this video for the full tutorial.
5. Do you love fun patterns and colors? Gather your favorite scrap book papers in coordinating colors or wrapping papers and cut to fit a tin can. Wrap around and secure the edges with tape or adhesive. Use them to place your napkins, straws and silver wear. It is a simple way to add in a few pops of color and pattern. After the party use them in your home office to store supplies.